HOW TO LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL FAST
These days people squeeze more stuff into their days than ever. These days we do not spend a great deal of time preparing meals. But this means we frequently fill ourselves with fatty meals, and because of time constraints we never have a lot of time to prepare good meals that help lower cholesterol fast.
WHAT IS CHOLESTEROL?
When fat gets processed by the liver, cholesterol is usually a product. Cholesterol can be divided into three distinct kinds. They are typically named high-density lipoprotein, low-density lipoprotein, and triglycerides. HDL cholesterol (“Good cholesterol”) transports cholesterol from the cells back towards the liver, and then your liver digests the cholesterol or expels it. HDL is extremely useful as it can help you avoid high levels of cholesterol in the body. LDL cholesterol drags cholesterol away from the liver and into the bloodstream and other cells. Therefore, it is usually called “bad cholesterol”. Triglycerides are also “bad cholesterol” because they they can lead to “hardening of the arteries”. Triglycerides are found typically in animal fats.
The thing about cholesterol is, we do need it to keep healthy. Cholesterol has three key roles: making cell membranes, making hormones, and also insulating our nerve fibers. But it is all too easy to have too much cholesterol, especially with the high fat percentage contained in fast food, meat, and snacks. If we have high cholesterol levels, we are at risk of getting heart disease and at a much higher risk of stroke. The most serious risk is when someone has insufficient levels of “good cholesterol”, and high “bad cholesterol” and triglyceride levels.
Health experts warn that this century could see an escalation of deaths from diseases which are preventable a direct consequence of poor diet or lifestyle choices. A number of of the diseases blamed on high cholesterol levels might be lowered or avoided altogether if we just changed the things we do.
It is wise to try to bring down the cholesterol. Try and lower your cholesterol level without relying on medication. Incredibly, cholesterol medications only lower overall risk of heart attack in no more than 2% of cases. If you find a way to lower cholesterol naturally you will live a healthier, happier life without using cholesterol-lowering medicine.
These ideas should be put into practice to help you reach good cholesterol levels and perhaps find additional vitality:
- Try and have foods which can lower your cholesterol. Regularly consume fish oil, as well as whole grains.
- It’s so vital to get the blood flowing. Don’t forget to exercise.
- Try and lower your weight. Losing weight can cut your cholesterol levels considerably.
- Remember your five a day! Fresh produce is incredibly good for your health.
- Avoid smoking like the plague. Smoking is highly linked to elevated cholesterol levels.
- If you possibly can, cut your stress levels. A little stress here and there isn’t anything for you to worry about. Too much stress however and your cholesterol levels will go up and you can be at high risk of dangerously high blood pressure.
It’s amazing how a few small changes can give a huge benefit. Having a healthy body will make you look and feel better.